Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Birthday week

Hey Dad!

Okay I am going to write you and have you send this out to everyone, and later today I will respond to all the family, this cyber is just awful and I don't have a lot of time,so I'll answer all the birthday emails in a little while! But yeah, the reason we have p day today is because Elder Zwick of the 70 came to our mision yesterday and we had a conference with him. I just wanted to talk a little bit about that because it was really really really awesome.
 
Oh and before I forget, I got a package from Mom with the sweater and everything (I didn't open it yet, but the customs slip has everything that's inside... bit of a surprise destroyer there) but thank you all for the package! I'm going to open it on Sunday!

Anyway, so Elder Zwick came and just talked to us about the mission and the things that we should focus on, and it was really really cool. President has been a little lost because he doesn't know what else we need to focus on since we have had really good conferences with him, so last zone meeting he didn't give us anything specific to focus on and just talked to us about obedience, since all the missionaries and the mission as a whole understand the tools we have and how to use them, but since the success wasn't progressing much still, he decided it has to do with the personal attitude of each one of us, that maybe some elders and sisters aren't focused in the work and that is the reason we haven't seen a bunch of progress. So Elder Zwick came and we got to listen to his inspired revelation that he received on the spot as to what we needed to do to boost the work here in the mission. He told us that we had over 900 baptisms last year in the mission, but the attendance percentage only went up by one person... so that was pretty shocking. But he gave us some ways to work more efficiently and make sure that we are establishing the church and not burdening the church! It was very powerful.
 
One thing I really liked was that he talked to us in the perspective of all our lives and gave us an analogy of the mission and our lives, and the mission was just our foundation, hidden under the earth, no one sees it, but the building, or better said--the temple that we build during our lives--all depends on how solid and secure our foundation is. He talked about changing things NOW so that in the future we don't have to worry about weak foundations or anything.
 
Anyway, I have one minute so I need to write more later, thank you all for all the emails and birthday wishes, and I promise I'll answer you all personally later today if I can!!! This cyber is just awful. Anyway, I love you all, and I'm super excited for this week, I hope you all are too! Until a little later,

Elder Tyson David Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment